This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Once Upon a Sketch - Jan 01st Challenge

I was so excited about this challenge, as New Year is always a time for me to reflect upon the past year and also think about the coming year. So this layout was aptly called "Reflection".
There is hidden journaling under my photo, and is tagged "Thoughts".

Firstly, the photo was taken in my sun room, which is really the place where I sit and read, think and just "chill".  This is my favourite chair and a place to be quiet and write notes in my diary, and so think it is fitting for this layout.

I used Echo Park Vintage Gardens paper, and wanted to leave the page relatively open, because of the wording and the significance of them to the theme of New Year and reflection. I also used quite a few stickers from this wonderful collection. The other materials used were Enmarc Rub Ons, wood embelishments and rhinestones and punch, Basic Grey Sweet Threads word stickers, 7 Gypsies Stickers, Upkit Butterfly brad, Fab scraps chipboard flourish and Celebr8 swirls. The flowers used are from and unknown brand, as well as the white gel border.



And here is a close- up of the bottom half embelishments.


And lastly a peek at my hidden journaling tag.


Hope we meet here again tomorrow.
Thanks for checking in.
Denise

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome take on Nadia`s sketch, Denise! Thank you!
    Happy New Year!
    ~gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great photo, and I love your page! Love your journaling card! Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout fab photo and great take on the sketch!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful!
    Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing ! Love the hidden journaling and the different colors that you have used!

    thank you for playing along with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Love the way you did your journaling. Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete