This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 6 May 2012

My Son-Shine - Once Upon a Sketch/Berry 71 Bleu

Hi Everyone

Today has been such a great day to chill! I hope you have had a good day too...

I want to share a layout which I have done for Once Upon a Sketch and also Berry 71 Bleu Challenge.  Both challenges related to Motherhood and so that was certainly a no brainer for me, as I knew it would obviously include my son.

So here is the sketch.


And here is my take on it.


Materials used: BG Plumeria papers, Chiswick stamp, Prima letters and flowers, Enmarc corner and chipboard spray, Scrapbook King rub ons and Shimmer Mist.

The photo I used is just a precious one to me and hopefully conveys the love that I have for my son and he for me.  He really is a little hero to me and has grown me in so many ways. I love being his Mommy and treasure his love and our relationship. There is a saying that "children are such a great way to grow people" and that is certainly true of Joe.

I have some hidden journalling behind the photo and is on a little tag with the purple ribbon.

Here are some close-ups.



Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope you've had a scrappy day.
Denise x



20 comments:

  1. Oh Denise this is just fabulous! I love the colors and details... and that photo is absolutely precious! Thanks for playing along with Berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Denise.. adore all the purple tones and your beautiful flower cluster!! LOVE your beautiful photo too!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at B71B :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page! Lovely colors and the picture is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at B71B, Channa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo is just so beautiful. I love the journaling and the colours and interpretation of the sketch is perfect. Thanks for playing along at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice layout and so good words!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous lo and wonderful work on the flowers. So happy you shared it with us at OUAS!!Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! Great job with the purples! So love those flowers with the clock and the layering! I always find purple difficult so I see great inspiration here! Thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a beautiful job with this. I love everything, especially that perfect quote, sweet pic and the journaling at the top. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the journalling and your photo is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Once Upon A Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I love everything about this! The design, the colors,the photo, the journaling!!! Great work! Thanks for playing along at OUAS & B71B!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet photo and beautiful page, thanks for fun with Berry 71 Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is such a special photo and you LO is so lovely and touching! beautiful work, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaw Denise this is marvellous and I love how you have been rocking all the challenges with this one - it takes quite some thinking to combine it all up. Great job and thanks for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful Denise love that picture hugs Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture looks great and your page complements it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, heartwarming layout! Love the quote you used and the super precious photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so beautiful!! great take on the sketch. thanks for playing with us at B71B

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is just perfect. Lovely colours, beautiful journaling, fabulous details - I love that big swirl! Thanks for sharing it with us at Once Upon a Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Denise..

    I finally made it here. It took me awhile, but am so glad I made it. What a gorgeous photo of you and your son. And the LO is just absolutely beautiful. The sentiment is heart-tugging. Thank you as always for joining our challenge..hugs..

    ReplyDelete