This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Awesome - Scrap Africa Challenge Sketch no.13

Hello Everyone

Wishing you a very Happy New Year and hoping that 2013 is going to be a stunning year for you and your families! I hope that you are healthy, wealthy and abundantly happy!

There is a new sketch reveal at Scrap Africa and it would be awesome if you could play along. You have until 14 January 2013.

Firstly here is the sketch.


and then...here is the Awesome layout that I created! ;-))))


I just love this collection from Simple Stories - Summer Fresh - and so really wanted to use these papers, which I thought would really go so well with this photo.

I just love this photo of my son and being a New Year and all, it reminds me that time is fleeting and I actually cannot believe that he is growing up so fast!! So the fact that I can scrap these little moments and document his life....how awesome!! ;-)))

I did some masking with an Enmarc chicken wire stencil and then added the little Summer Fresh accents. As the paper itself is a little busy, I wanted to keep the lines quite clean and simple.

Some close-ups for good measure...




Well I hope that 2013 brings lots of inspiration and creative juices your way.....
Have an awesome 1st day of 2013!
Denise x

10 comments:

  1. Stunning, love the colours and how you did the chicken-wire background..... looks fabulous! Cute little man in the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandie! I left you a message on your blog too! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love our masking on this layout Denise.

    Wishing you and your loved ones a peaceful and joyous 2013.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page!!!
    I love all the colors and details :))
    Happy New Year :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet photo Denise on such a beautiful layout! Looks so fun and cheerful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! - - - cute photo and I love his shirt - my daughter likes Angry Birds, too! your take on the sketch is absolutely amazing. I like your masking and all of your great details! I also want to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon...left some love on your blog too! ;-)

      Delete
  6. You have a handsome boy Denise! You are right, they do grow up fast..so enjoy him while his still somewhat little..Very nice work! Love the colorful look and the chicken wire background!! HUGS..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet pic and page. I love this collection too. So colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work as always Denise!! Love how you use colours :) Happy New Year!!xx

    ReplyDelete