This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 15 April 2013

Happy Summer Days - Scrap Africa Challenge no.16

Hi Everyone

There is a super new challenge at Scrap Africa here.

Create a project, using Black and White photo's, Triangles and Confetti.



So for my DT layout, I created this page.


I did gesso work and stamping on my background and then used Echo Park - Happy Days collection papers and alpha stickers. The chipboard film strip is Enmarc.

I love the look of this page and came together so easily! It's always so great, when that happens with a page!

Here are 2 close-ups.



I really love this photo of Joe! So easy, relaxed and unaware that his photo is being taken.

I hope you will maybe join us for this challenge.
You have until the 30th April.
Have a super evening!
Denise x

13 comments:

  1. This is such a fun challenge, Denise! I love your take- so creative and fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great boy's page with the bold colour and geometic shapes....Lovely photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun challenge. I am really hoping to get time to take part in it. This is a great layout Denise. love the bold colours and the strong lines. Sweet photo of Joe I agree...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise your LO is so stylish and cool - I am so loving black and yellow together!!! stunning photo and you did such an interesting work with this challenge - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool layout Denise! Love the stamping, the colours and gorgeous photo. Great detail! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I pretend I'm from South Africa & join? You guys seem to have the best challenges! I'm so impressed with what you've done here, Denise!!!! When did you get so Artsy? This is amazing! I love how you used the triangles to create the illusion of arrows & the Gesso work is impressive! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone can join Eniko...you don't have to be South African! Thanks so much for the lovely comment and I have started getting a little more artsy recently and loooove gesso!!!! ;-)

      Delete
  7. He he it took me like 2 years before I dared to use mists on my pages, was scared stiff of anything messy :)) me thinks you're doing more than great going artsy! that photo is absolutely fantastic, paired with the papers, your page is wonderful! cool cool take! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little man is so cute, I adore natural photographs. Jesse hates having his photo taken at the moment, hides his face.... and when I sneak the camera out, he always spies it. Hope this soon passes...
    Gorgeous layout, love the spots, and design, really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an interesting challenge, and I really like your take on it. What a cool page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise tuas páginas são doces e encantadoras!!!!!fiquei muito feliz em conhecer teu blog.
    Obrigada pelo carinho das visitas e doces comentários sobre as páginas nos desafios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Catarina for your lovely comment and visit to my blog too! ;-)

      Delete
  11. What a lovrly graphic layout. Just perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete