This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 27 April 2013

Let sleeping dogs (and children) lie - CSI Challenge #68 / Keeping the Best April Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone

I hope that you are having a super Saturday, whatever you are doing!
We have had the most glorious day here in sunny Jo'burg! There is just something about the warm, sunny weather that lifts the spirits and gets the creative juices flowing.

I created a page for 2 challenges today. Firstly here was the CSI challenge.



and then using Keeping the Best sketch.


So here is my page.


I did some gesso stencilling on the background with some stamping too. I used a combination of Basic Grey papers and Echo Park papers, with My Minds Eye washi tape and 7 Gypsies tape.  I don't know the make of the chippie owl, but the chain chippe is Enmarc and the brads are Teresa Collins.

Here are some close-ups.



Evidence: Stripes, brads, owls
Testimony: Using the word wise in my journalling.
My journalling tag is under the photo and says this:
A wise Mommy once said: "Let sleeping dogs and children lie" - Joe was 2 years old and Rosie just a few months old. These two had been playing and running around like mad things, until they eventually settled on the couch and promptly fell asleep! They were so pooped out!


The sketch and the CSI challenge really pushed me to try some new things and styling and I am happy with how it turned out.  I always think it's good to try something new.

Thanks for popping in today!
Really much appreciated!
Denise x

9 comments:

  1. This is great. The photo is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title!!! What an adorable photo to scrap...so peaceful the two of them...you did a great job...again...as usual!!! LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sketch and how you interpreted it Denise, the half textured background looks 'ohhh larrhh larrhhh', gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to be pushed to try new techniques and colours. You rocked this pallete and I love the quote with this super cute phots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funky and gorgeous! This is really cute and beautifully executed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has to be one of the cutest photos ever. How sweet that you got it on camera. Love what you did with the sketch, the stencil and the colours. Awesome work D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Denise! Such pristine work you have created using the sketch. And that photo looks like it was meant to be used with the CSI case too. Thank you for joining us at Keeping The Best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Denise! WOW! that is such a cool sketch and looks like a fun challenge! You did a fabulous job with it! Your layout is absolutely adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely photo and so beautifully showcased...love your stencil work and I love the title.

    ReplyDelete