This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 7 April 2013

My Sweet Joe - OUAS April Challenge

Hi Everyone

I hope you are having a super weekend and enjoying a little bit of rest and relaxation!

I have finished my layout for the OUAS and am pleased to share it with you.

The theme is about "The best Day of your Life", with this sketch.



I guess there are many special days in one's life, but this is certainly one of the most special ever for me! The day Joe was born changed my life forever, and I am so pleased that he chose us for his family! ;-)


The journalling speaks for itself and is absolutely true, in every way! The photo is also so very special, as was taken about half an hour after he was born.

Here are some close-ups.


I used Kwick Crackle on my chippies, and love how they turned out. The heart was inked and then stamped over with paint. I also did some gesso work on the background, for some added texture.



Supplies used:
Echo Park Everyday Eclectic Paper
Echo Park Dearest Papers
Fancy Pants Country Boutique paper
Imaginarium Designs chippies
Belle Brocase Stencil
Websters Pages alpha stickers
Prima flowers and bird
Gauze and Enmarc Dazzles

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super Sunday!
Denise x



14 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous layout Denise, wonderful heartfelt journaling! I love your chippies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Denise. Doesn't time just pass to quickly - these kids grow up too fast! Hope you are having a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Denise! Wonderfully done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! The texture and detail are divine :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful page Denise. I like the whisps of gauze and the crackle effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning baby layout Denise...nothing like babies to make me weak in the knees ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this really is a special page Denise! precious in so many way, really wonderfully done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah indeed one of the best days of your life. Lovely layout D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious bundle, and layout.... the details are exquisite. The colours, are soooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely layout!!! So precious and sweet. And I love your touching journaling, too! I think I want to work on this sketch this month, too. I have to think about what the best day of my life has been!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo precious and so SPECIAL!! Gorgous work Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable is this page!You have such an eye for pretty details as the bird and the chipboards, and I do like the simple, but meaningful journaling.

    Thank you for joining us at OUAS in April and sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is such a precious moment - I can see why it's one of the best days of your life. Just wonderful. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Once Upon A Sketch this month, love your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome layout! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete