This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 8 April 2013

The Gr8t Pretender - CSI Case File # 66 / Scrap Friends Sketch Challenge #12

Hi Everyone

It has been a busy Monday and so I am pleased to have a few minutes, before I go off and get dinner ready, to post this page.

I combined 2 challenges, the CSI challenge and the Scrap Friends sketch challenge.
Here they are.




I really liked the sketch and loved the new, fresh and modern look.  So my layout hopefully does it justice.


Evidence: Check/plaid / dog accent on my journalling tag
Testimony: Documenting my doggie
This layout is about my dog who believes she is bigger and stronger than any sized dog! She is certainly the Great Pretender.


My journalling tag under the photo says this:
This is Rosie, eye-ing the boerbul across the road. She thinks she is able to take it on, and often finds herself at it's gate. She is able to squeeze herself through the bars and make a dash for the boerbul. She is all bark and hackles raised! Such a little protector and such a little aggressor!



For the strips I used washi tape and the papers used are Echo Park. I did some stamping of the checked patterns and the splodges, but my rings are painted. The stickers used are also Echo Park, as well as the alpha's.

I really love how this page came together and very pleased with this modern and fresh look.

























I hope you start to the week has been a good one!
Have a super evening!
Denise x

17 comments:

  1. I love the crisp look of this layout. And your dog is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute page! I love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wee, this is super, love the details and photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Denise you rocked bothe these challenges. The LO is hard but you made it amazing wow!! A fave for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch Denise.....I love the fresh vibrant page and your journalling tells us about your loyal friend. Love how they think they can defeat anyone or anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh Denise I love this page. Love the use of stamps and washi tapes..so much. I guess the challenges were very well combined...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a great job combining the two challenges Denise! Lovely pic too. We have a great pretender too... only thing, he is only a miniature Dachshund! He thinks he can take on any size dog. Makes me laugh sometimes. Hope all is well at your end. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I nearly used that sketch too but then I found the one of Michele Singh's that I used instead. :) Great minds I am sure ;) This is such a lovely layout and I love that Rosie is a fiercesome dog :) even if it is only in her mind. Gorgeous layout D...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, love the circles so much, love the photo... love everything!!! I adore your work Denise!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sketch, too! And your take on it is amazing, Denise! That photo is just so awesome! I love your colors, textures, and total design!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous ....great combo of our sketch at SF .....LOVE how you've done the title & those circles!!!! AWESOME:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOOOVVEE THIS Denise...he looks JUST like my little Cody...so adorable!! Beautiful layout and I LOVE your title!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous take on this modern sketch. I love the washi strips and what a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous page! really great take on the sketch!! thanks for joining us at SF!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the modern approach! Very Sodaliscious/Skissedila!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this one ! Great use of tape !
    thanks for playing along with us at SF

    ReplyDelete
  17. IN love!!!! Gorgeous page!!! Thanks for playing along at SF!!!xx

    ReplyDelete