This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Oh so Sweet and Handsome - MME Sketch Challenge

Hello Everyone

I hope you are having a good day today!

I have been thinking to myself lately and really wondering if I have a particular style! I love so many different types of styles and sketches, that I combine many of them and so really wonder if I have a signature style!

I look at Keren Tamir's work (for example) and anyone looking at a page of hers, can probably have a pretty good idea that it was she who designed it. I am not so sure that anyone looking at my pages could say...ah...that looks like Denise's work! I just like trying everything and seeing how it all works out.

Am I the only one that questions this, or is it not really that important to put a label to everything?!
Anyways, just a thought and one I have been pondering for a while.

So that said, here is the MME sketch for July.

Ronda Palazzari MME July Sketch

Here is my take on it.


I used the Kate and Co. - Oxford Lane collection. I think it's so fabulous for boy pages, especially with the navy and green papers.



I used MME stamps from the Lost and Found 3 collection, and one stamp from 7 Gypsies, along with Echo Park alpha stickers.



Thanks for visiting my blog today!
I hope you have a super evening!
Denise x

9 comments:

  1. You're not the only one questioning signature style Denise. My sis Lili & I often discuss about it. I agree that we can easily recognise someone's work from their pages. Someday you'll get to it! Love your boy page, your son is handsome. Where is this photo taken? I love those bricks. Aaah, I love having faux bricks on my cards and lo's; one of my signature styles besides stitching, lotsa layers, cluster of blooms and distressing...hmmm, perhaps, lol.
    Hugs,
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise you nailed this difficult MME sketch. I have also wondered for a long time what my "signature" style is and have decided that I have a mish mash of different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi D, I agree with you and what made me think about it was the challenge at Kraft it up - use a style other than your own... I think the only style I don't do is cutesy and I wouldn't want to do a layout like that because I know I would really not like it. I think sometimes that maybe you grow into that style and maybe right now we are just testing the waters to see where we fit in. I agree that there are people whose work you can just pick out a mile away like Heather Jacob, Patricia Basson, Cathy Lane to name but a few... However I love that you try different things and for me that is awesome that you can judge who you are doing the layout for and what papers etc that you are using and then adapt yourself to that. So cool. Keeps people on their toes. Guessing who did the page. I love this one so much.Those papers are just fabulous. I love the colours and your Joe is a REAL cutie. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This paper collection is perfect for your beautiful boy and you nailed the sketch too. As for your question; I'm not sure if it's important to label your style or even if it's necessary to have a style which is instantly recognized. For me, the main thing is to have a page which is in harmony with the photo. i.e. Baby, boy, holiday, vintage etc etc. Another thought too is that there always new products to play with that draw us into a different direction. I think I have a low tolerance for boredom and like to try new things all the time. I'm not sure if that helps you, but if pressed I'd say your pages seem to be structured, clean styling and classy. Thanks for posing the question :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! You have a lovely style! Keep up the awesome work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout, I love the blue and green together, totally fun for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise! I absolutely love what you did with this intricate sketch! Your page is so much fun! I really love the photos and your wonderful title, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely boy layout! A signature style is a great look & one I am still striving to maintain!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, I think you do have a certain style, however it changes too, but it also changes, but 'your style' is there. Goodness, did that even make sense? LOL I like the way you can change your style Denise, really is gorgeous, anything you create. It is kinda boring when they all look the same. Your layout of Joe is so sweet, I love your colour choices..the wording and journaling.... really love!

    ReplyDelete