This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 27 April 2015

Sympathy Card

Hello Everyone

Today is a Public Holiday here and so another day to relax and find a bit of scrappy time! ;-)

Sadly, in this past week, an uncle of mine, passed away, after a fairly long battle with cancer.
He really had become rather frail and very unwell, so even though he passed away, I am pleased that he is no longer in pain and is free from that.

I made a sympathy card for the family, as the funeral is on Wednesday.


I used bits and pieces from my Graphic 45 papers and also did some fussy cutting.


I hope you have a super Monday....whatever you doing!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. That's a very nice card. I find sympathy cards really hard to make. Gonna keep this one in mind! Sort of sad, but like you say, good he is no longer in pain..... & lucky you having an extra day off...hope you made the most of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card Denise! Love this fussy cutting! it's sad to hear that too much people died because of cancer.....
    and one day off is so great! I can't wait our 2 days off - so much time for scrap and fun )))

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sympathy on the loss of your uncle. Though we hate to give them up - sometimes it is for the best. He is at peace and pain free.
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXQUISITE Denise. Loooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is so pretty and not your usual type of sympathy card. I know it will be so appreciated. The fussy cutting is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure his family will love this card. It's great to send such a personal wish. So sorry to hear about your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sympathies to you and your family. I know they will receive some comfort from this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and well balanced sympathy card. Goes to show they don't all have to be sad and grey.
    The family will be happy to receive this, I am sure! Sorry about your uncle, but as you say there is some comfort in the thought that the pain and discomfor passed. Take care! :-)

    ReplyDelete