This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 7 August 2016

Friends Forever - Mixed Media Canvas - Funky Flair Challenge

Hello Everyone

I  can't believe it's almost a week since I last posted!! Yikes!
The family has been sick with flu and for the last 3 days I have been rather under the weather too, so unfortunately I did not create much and I did not post anything either.

I have been busy with a canvas for a few days now, which just seemed to take forever, but it's now finally finished! ;-)

I had been over to Lizzy Hill's blog and had been inspired to play along with the

Here is the gorgeous mood board.


...and here is my take.


I used BoBunny Crackle paste to create the background, along with some Distress paints and sprays.


I used some Creative Embelishments Chipboard, along with some gorgeous, new leaf dies that I received from Sizzix and some Little Birdie blooms.


I used an older 7 Gypsies stamp for the title of this canvas.  It will be a gift for a friend of mine! ;-)


I am in love with the new leaf dies that I received from Sizzix -

Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Garden Greens

Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Garden Greens

I just know that these are going to be one of my favourite sets! ;-)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super Sunday!
Denise x


5 comments:

  1. Awesome background and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Denise. What a showstopper of a canvas! When I saw the mood board, I was a little underwhelmed, but you have created a masterpiece. A new fave for me. LOVE everything about this artwork :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear I do hope you are on the mend now... Your canvas looks amazing, so many details, and absolutely love the crackle you have got going on the back ground.. love all the flowers too.. a really beautiful canvas! I hope your household are all feeling better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang flu....NOT fun :( Hope you don't get it! LOOOVE this! Yay for playing along with Funky Flairs, too :) Those colours are really 'your' colours I reckon...that crackle effect looks funtabulous, too:):) Glad I inspired you;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome canvas Denise! love this "crackle look" and different colors ))) I see mountains when I look at this photo )))
    andhope you all are well now!

    ReplyDelete