This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Art is my Happy - Art Journal Page

Hello Everyone

I hope that you are having a super week.

I have a few art journals now and one is a journal with black paper.
I love that it pushes me to really try different things and also work with colours and mediums that I wouldn't normally work with.

I created an "Art is my Happy" page.


I used a lot of gesso and shimmery paints on the backgrounnd.
I also used some of my favourite stamps.

The papers and bits are from the Teresa Collins "You are my Happy" collection.

Here are some close-ups.



This page is all about my happy place...my chill time...my relaxation...
my creativity and how happy it make me! ;-)

I don't believe that it is ever something that I will not be doing!
It's soooo good for my soul.

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a super and happy day!
Denise x

5 comments:

  1. I agree! Art is a very happy place I reckon, too. A calming and removed place from the rest of the world. A restorative space:) And your page is so well done....I think working on black would be challenging in the extreme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so great art page Denise! that black background make the work so intresting and also I think that when we leave our comfort zone we can make awesome projects - as yours! ))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, love the chevron back ground and fabulous layers.. and yes it is amazing how different a page can look if done on a different color back ground.. I have a kraft paper journal book and it looks different than the white paper book.. but it is all such fun! I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely agree Denise - Art is so good for the soul, for expression and for creativity. Your page is scrumptious, especially love the use of your stamps in a graduated way at the top. Sat p.m. here, so I hope you have some for Arty time before the weekend is over. I plan to blitz my s/crap room, so I can find a level place to meet some DT deadlines. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100% agree except I am still struggling with my mojo which is frustrating. I love this collection and the black paper is lovely. A great layout... go you.

    ReplyDelete