This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 18 January 2018

Just Because - Mixed Media Tag - Copic Markers and Distress Oxides

Hello Everyone

Today I am sharing a mixed media tag with you.

I happened to see some Copic Markers on sale in October and had never tried them, so I ordered them on-line. Sadly the supplier over-sold on-line and so they did not have on hand anymore.  But they ordered more for me and I waited 7 weeks for them to arrive! LOL
I had to be very patient! ;-)

I watched quite a few YouTube videos and then gave it a shot to colour some hydrangeas for this mixed media tag.
Here is the result.


I used distress oxides for the background and then stamped and coloured the flowers, which I later fussy cut.

Here is a closer look at the flowers and my Copic work.


I think I can certainly practice some more, but I do love how it turned out.

I wasn't sure if Copic was really for me...but I have decided that they definitely are and the way they blend is just amazing! That was the deal breaker for me! ;-)
So I will probably be adding to my very small collection, in the near future! ;-)

I don't think anyone ever said, "I have enough craft goodies"!!!!! ;-)

Thanks again for stopping by!
Have a fabulous, fabulous day!
Denise x

5 comments:

  1. Your work is gorgeous. It was so sweet of you to stop by with kind comments. Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning!! The hydrangea look amazing!! You colored them so beautifully!! I love this!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and I'm so glad you did so I could find yours!! I'm happy to be your newest follower!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Denise. I haven't bought any new products for ages but after reading and seeing this I am tempted. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Denise. I'm a huge fan of the Distress Oxides background and the Hydrangeas have come up a treat. What a long time to wait for your goodies, but they do look stunning. I'm still trying to use what I have on hand, but occasionally splurge on some Cocoa Vanilla papers for my girlies. Have a good week end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful tag Denise! and congrats with your new craft goodies )) it's never enough! )))) unfortunatelly I had over-sold problems twice when I tried to buy some hand-dyed threads for x-stitching on different sites and both times were unsuccesfull - I should wait some time then ask shop about my order and waiting for refund..... aggggrh!

    ReplyDelete